Control and Automation Systems – Software Engineer
Intermediate level of experience with writing code for the major brands of PLC and SCADA/HMI platforms, and an appetite to learn new technologies.
- Actively participates in the whole life cycle of delivering projects, from start to finish.
- Interfaces directly with customers and suppliers.
- Produces the design documents.
- Compiles the PLC, HMI and SCADA software.
- Writes the test documents.
- Performs testing with customers.
- Carries out on-site commissioning.
- Compiles training manuals and runs customer training session.
- Thinks outside the box and pushes boundaries.
Required skills and experience:
- Intermediate level of experience with writing code for the major brands of PLC and SCADA/HMI platforms, and an appetite to learn new technologies.
- Would be great, but not essential, to have good understanding of setting up, commissioning, and fault finding of industrial Ethernet networks (DeviceNet, Profibus, Ethernet).
- 2+ years’ experience writing software and working with customers.
- Highly motivated, organised and flexible.
- Positive, personable and happy team player.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.