Projects Software Control Systems Team Leader
Lead a team of engineers through the whole lifecycle of delivering projects to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to quality requirements.
- Commit to the whole lifecycle of delivering projects, from quoting to completion.
- Be forward thinking to identify when gaps and overloads may exist in the team’s work load.
- Lead a team of engineers and, when needed, contractors, sub-contractors and work partners, to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to quality requirements.
- Identify, manage and mitigate project risks.
- Contract review and negotiation.
- Select and manage any sub-contractors required for completion of project.
- Identify and manage any work outside of project scope, ensuring customers’ expectations are clearly set out and met.
- Attend site for surveys/client meetings and on-site work (may apply).
- Review future project requirements for required resources, and identify training and development opportunities for your team.
- Develop engineers in your team; manage expectations and progression.
Required skills and experience:
- Highly motivated, good communicator of all levels, organised and flexible
- Has the following characteristics: good attitude, adaptable, resilient, good business acumen, responsible, and a happy team player.
- Contractual awareness would be advantageous.
- Experience working in an engineering environment.
- Able to lead a team through the highs, lows and challenges of project delivery.
- Thinks outside the box and pushes boundaries.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Fosters great relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Experience managing control system, PLC- and SCADA-type projects.
- Understanding of PLC and SCADA control systems required.
- Experience in oil & gas/functional safety systems desirable, but not essential.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK